1½ Tbsp. Matcha powder
1 tsp. baking powder
4 Tbsp. milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil (Original recipe used 2 Tbsp)
1. Fill a pot with water to 2/3 full and bring it to a boil (and turn off the heat if you are not ready yet).
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and Matcha powder. Whisk them about 20 times. (This is a shortcut for sifting.)
3. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, sugar, and vegetable oil and whisk them all together.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
5. Add toppings (chocolate chips, oreo bits, whatever you like) and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the cups.
7. Place the cups in the pot and cover to cook 8 minutes. Stick a wooden toothpick or skewer into the mushi pan. When it comes out clean (without wet batter), remove them from the pan and cool down.
I am submitting this Mushi Pan to Aspiring Bakers #8: Bread Seduction (June 2011), hosted by Jasmine of The Sweetylicious.